So-called benchmark tests are a popular means of determining the performance of computers and smartphones. Yes Apple iPhone, Samsung galaxy or xiaomi Wednesday: New models always outperform older ones, increasing the scores every year. Many technology users use these values when buying a new mobile phone.
Top 10: the fastest smartphones in the world
One of the most famous benchmarks comes from AnTuTu. The developers of the app continue to publish a new top 10 list, which shows, among other things, the fastest smartphone currently. Our test editors also conduct benchmark tests and add to the AnTuTu list. Thus, the following top 15 of the fastest smartphones in the world is always up to date:
- Motorola Edge 30 Pro (1,001,030 points)
- Xiaomi Mi 12 Pro (979,499 points)
- real me GT2 Pro (964,755 points)
- Nubian Red Magic 6 (858,275 points)
- Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max (847,981 points)
- Apple iPhone 13 (841,365 points)
- Asus ROG Phone 5s Pro (835,786 points)
- Nubian RedMagic 6R (825,719 points)
- Realme GT (823,383 points)
- Asus ROG Phone 5 (820,262 points)
- Live IQOO 7 (817,309 points)
- Sony Xperia 1III (811,649 points)
- OnePlus 9 Pro (806,964 points)
- apple iphone 13 (803,254 points)
- Sony Xperia Pro-I (803,077 points)
→ Buying a smartphone on eBay and eBay classifieds: You must know these 5 important tips
iPhone vs. Galaxy and Co: ranking of results
Theoretical comparison of performance between Android and iOS is almost impossible due to the different operating systems. Also, AnTuTu uses different programming interfaces (APIs) for graphics testing. While on iOS devices like the iPhone 13 Apple Metal API it’s usedused AnTuTu in its Android version OpenGL ES and Vulkan APIs. Therefore, comparisons should be treated with caution.
→ Charge the cell phone: Almost all of us make this serious mistake
The reference result should not be a purchase criterion
As this result shows, you should not place too much importance on these values, even if they contribute to the purchase decision for some. Especially since smartphone manufacturers are happy to help here and there to improve on such tests.
Whether it’s increasing the CPU’s base clock, artificially activating extra CPU cores that aren’t really needed, or overclocking the processor – the methods are well known. At the top of the list of cheats: one plus. And that such figures are not necessarily the most important criteria when buying a new Android smartphone or iPhone, show this item.
Introvert. Beer guru. Communicator. Travel fanatic. Web advocate. Certified alcohol geek. Tv buff. Subtly charming internet aficionado.